Saturday, May 10, 2008

Journal Entry

I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment. It makes me want to wander this entire globe in search of this in-definitive "something," that I might suddenly experience it, discover it, or some other sort of quickening to quench this thirst I've had since childhood. I want to search it out in evergreen forests, fields of tall, golden grass, desert sands, moonlit nights, in the eyes of other children of God, in the eyes of every living creature. It is in all of these things, yet it is fleeting. It has the power and potential to move me to tears in a matter of seconds. It gives life a meaning often realized only in night time dreams; that elusive, intangible fulfillment that permeates the the images played out by one's subconscious right before it fades into oblivion, as full consciousness begins to settle in.

Yet somehow, I don't believe that all of the wandering in the world will lead me to its attainment. Somehow, I know it's right here inside of me. This yearning I have is perhaps the yearning for it to explode into expression. To be fully expressed would be would mean ultimate gratification.

4 Comments:

Blogger The First Domino דומינו said...

"This yearning I have is perhaps the yearning for it to explode into expression. To be fully expressed would be would mean ultimate gratification."

Since you don't know me, and I don't know you--that is, personally--I try really hard not to post to others specific comments, but to my own life experiences.

My yearning seems to be similar to yours--"To be fully expressed...."

Yet, unlike you, it doesn't reveal itself in some kind of wanderlust, but an eagerness to travel to a location within--a place of absolute fulfillment.

I seek transformation, the alchemist's transformative power to take the base and make it precious.

And I've flown so close to the sun that my singed wings, not able to navigate that rarefied height, has sent me crashing back to earth.

But don't pity me: I've brought back in memory the power of the sun, and the wondrous experience of what I can become.

I've known a power that makes "faith" a useless appendage, and a Love that overshadows mine, the way a banyan tree shades all that takes shelter underneath its rooted branches.

I enjoy your blog entries: they're replete with wisdom and insight.

Namaste

May 10, 2008  
Blogger Jodi Arias said...

I appreciate your posts and welcome your comments. Thank you.

May 11, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes I wonder to find my car keys... Hey, deep... Everything is right, and wrong... Everything... There are no rules everything is permitted, still finding one's purpose or self can be fun, frustrating, and demanding!

May 11, 2008  
Blogger elemental walker said...

yes, you speek of the micro and the macro cosms of the world. you can find the same looking things in a single cell in our body as you can find looking through a tellescope at the cosmos. love it!

May 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home